Dr Travis Falconer
- Elbow Surgery
- Shoulder Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Upper Limb Surgery
Dr Travis Falconer is a specialist shoulder & elbow surgeon, who prides himself on offering a patient centred approach to all shoulder and elbow problems, where patients are at the forefront of the surgical decision making process.
Travis brings national and international expertise to Perth. He has worked with some of the best shoulder and elbow surgeons in Australia and the USA. In addition to his technical expertise, Travis practices a patient-centred approach, spending as much time as is required to explain conditions, describe treatment and work with his patients and other health care providers to improve their health.
Travis is an upper limb fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon. He performs all surgery related to the shoulder and elbow including arthroplasty (Total Shoulder, Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement and Elbow Replacement), revision arthroplasty, arthroscopic shoulder surgery including rotator cuff repair and stabilisation, and sports surgery of the shoulder and elbow. He also performs trauma surgery of the upper limb.
Specifically, Travis’ achievements include:
- Significant experience in sports, arthroscopic, degenerative and reconstructive procedures for the shoulder and elbow
- A dedicated 12-month shoulder and elbow fellowship with the renowned Sydney Shoulder Research Institute
- Fellowships with top US surgeons at Shriners Hospital for Children in Portland and at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.
- Co-founder of the Perth Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Research Institute
- Publishing an original research paper on infections in primary shoulder arthroplasty
- Authored book chapter on arthroplasty options for the elbow in the trauma setting
- Winner of the Sonnabend Award for the best research paper at the Biannual Shoulder & Elbow Society of Australia Scientific Meeting 2016
- Voted by his peers as Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital (2013) and Fremantle Hospital (2012) Registrar of the Year
- Winner of the Manners-Hill Research Prize in 2012 for best registrar presentation at the Western Australian Orthopaedic Association Annual Scientific Meeting
In Perth Travis works publicly at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and Osborne Park Hospital for both elective and trauma surgery.
He consults privately in West Perth only and operates at Hollywood Private Hospital and Bethesda Hospital.